Complete overview of Soma 350 mg
Soma 350 mg is a muscle relaxer. It is used for the treatment of painful musculoskeletal conditions such as rigidity, tension, stiffness, and muscle spasms.
Soma 350 mg can be taken with food or empty stomach.continue taking soma even if you think that you feel good.complete the full course of treatment and to get the best result of this medication.
Side effects of Soma 350 mg
These side effects should disappear once the body gets immune to the medication, but you continously face these problem consult your doctor.
Important Information before taking Soma 350 mg (Carisoprodol):
- Soma should not be taken by a person who has porphyria or who are allergic to meprobamate.
- Soma should not be shared because it may be habit-forming and its misuse can cause death or addiction.
- A person who has ever had liver disease, a seizure or kidney disease, should be told by a doctor before taking this medicine.
Uses of Soma(Carisoprodol):
- Soma is used for the short-term relief of muscle pain and skeletal conditions in adults together with rest and physical therapy.
- Soma should be used for 2 to 3 weeks.
Can I take Soma during pregnancy?
Call your doctor because it is not clear whether Soma will harm an unborn baby.
If you are breast-feeding women then contact your doctors because Soma may pass into breast milk and can cause drowsiness in a nursing child.
Dosage of Soma 350 mg (Carisoprodol):
The usual dose for muscle spasm in adults is 250 to 350 mg 3 times a day at bedtime and its duration of therapy is 2 to 3 weeks.
Interaction of Soma with other drugs:
Soma interacts with other drugs that reduce the process of the brain like; alcohol, lorazepam and narcotics causing drowsiness. Prilosec and Luvox may slow the elimination of Soma and can lead to increasing side effects.
What happens if anyone misses the dose?
Take the dose as soon as you remember and skip the missed dose if it is time of your next dose. Soma should not be taken two doses at one time.
Soma 350 mg (Carisoprodol)
Chemical formula – C12H24N2o4
Drug class - Mephenesin congener
Trade name - soma
used as analgesic ,for relieving pain.
Used in musculoskeletal disorder associated with muscle spasm.
Used as antipyretic drug.
- Rapid onset of action.
- A drug with analgesic and antipyretic action.
- Effect start within half hour of oral intake.
- Side effects
- Allergic reaction
Rapid onset of action, the action lasts 6 hours, half life is 1.5 hours, metabolism is through liver and excretion is through kidney.
350mg tablet thrice a day.